Human Resource Development
1. Training/ Entrepreneurship Development Programmes
BCIL acts as a hub to impart skills and knowledge to orient students towards entrepreneurship. Specially designed entrepreneurship development programmes including bootcamps, hackathons, business plan competitions, sensitization workshops, advance hands-on workshops, etc are organized to:
- Nurture a start-up ecosystem for knowledge based and innovation led enterprises.
- MMotivate, support and mentor students for identification, development and commercialization of their innovative ideas.
- Equip the budding entrepreneurs with technical, IP, regulatory, finance, marketing and managerial skills for enterprise creation and management.
- Create awareness about entrepreneurial pathway, model for entrepreneurship development, funding schemes, entrepreneurial support systems etc.
- Disseminate information about availability of wide array of deep science as well as grassroot technologies for pursuing entrepreneurship.
EDP programmes have already been organized in different cities in India.
2. Skill Enhancement programs
BCIL has been managing and implementing skill enhancement programs such as industrial training programs and research fellowship programs since several years.
The aim of the industrial training programs such as Biotech Industrial Training programs(BITP), Bioinformatics Industrial Training program(BIITP), Biotech Industrial Training program for North East (BITP-NER) and African plant tissue culture training programme managed by BCIL is to provide hands-on training and industrial exposure.
The aim of the research fellowship programs such as Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) program and Bioinformatics National Certification (BINC) programs managed by BCIL is to promote research and train young scientists in frontier areas of research in biotechnology.
Few skill development programmes organized include:
3. Capacity Building Workshops
BCIL has also organized workshops/seminars on intellectual property rights, technology licensing, biosafety, biodiversity access and benefit sharing, grant-writing etc. for fostering innovation eco-system.